Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Where to go, when there is no where to go...

Maybe I am losing my mind, or maybe it is just winter and I have a crazed toddler and an "eager to move" 3 year old on my hands. But I couldn't hack it today. Maybe it is the fact that for the first time in a LONG time, I had a night away from my girls, and I am a little rusty. Maybe it is just that I am human. Whatever it was, today I was losing my mind. Kids screaming, playing with things that are not toys (electric sockets), no plans with friends to distract from the mayhem, no cream in the house for my coffee, no moments of peace this morning. Just non-stop Mommy. So I scooped up the girls and we headed to Whole Foods; for cream for my much needed coffee.

Our Whole Foods has a kids play area right next to a coffee and gelato bar...score. For one full half hour I enjoyed a large latte and a cranberry pistachio biscotti while my girls happily played with new and exciting toys and the occasional kid.

A moment of heaven in an unmanageable day. I got my mojo back and we went shopping for cream (for more coffee) and for something to make for dinner. Mussels, fennel, tilapia, asparagus and crusty bread.

We went home and played in the backyard for an hour before I threw them in the bathtub...my trick to get them to take a good nap. A two hour nap later (them, not me) and I had dinner prepped and was enjoying a nice cold beer as hubby walked in. Thanks Whole Foods for saving the day. Wonder who will save the day tomorrow?
Bacon, shallots, fennel and jalapeno mussels  in a Beer/Butter broth. Say that 10 times fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment