Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Double Ear Infections = Double the Fun

Today was rainy and yucky and the perfect day to stay in bed and be cozy. But alas, Ella had school and Lily had a ferocious cough that needed immediate attention. She was up most of the night coughing and pretty miserable. I made an appointment with the "Giraffe Doctor" as soon as I could.

I picked Ella up from school and we headed over. Ella so aptly named her doc the "Giraffe Doctor" because the office is covered in Giraffes. Giraffe lamps, mobiles, paintings and statues; you get the picture. The "sick waiting room" at the office is much cooler than the "well waiting room". So the girls are always excited to visit this fun zone. Me on the other hand, I dread it. Slimy, sick kid germs floating about waiting to engulf my girls who merely have colds.

When we walked into this waiting room, you would have thought we were in Disney World. They were running around playing with every toy, and laughing and having a grand old time. The other poor sick pre-teen kids were probably ready to kill my two sweeties. But I thought it was great. It was a rainy day and they needed to blow off some steam. So for once the wait in the waiting room wasn't long enough.


Wino Wednesday!
Wine of the Week
The Show - Cabernet Sauvignon 2005



This wine is hands down my favorite budget wine of the season. I can't get enough of it. Luckily Wednesday only comes once a week. If I have to bring a nice yummy bottle to a dinner party, this is the one. A pretty label, a delicious smooth taste and it is easy on the wallet. Homerun. The Show is typically around $15, but can be found for $10 if you look hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment