Monday, March 28, 2011

Terms of Endearment

This past weekend, I had to go away with just my little Lily flower. Ella stayed with Don for the weekend. When we came back, distance had definitely made the heart grow fonder, especially for Ella. She was so mushy and lovey and sweet. She missed her baby sister most of all. She started calling Lily some of the sweetest names imaginable. Here are a few of my favorites;

Little chubby cheeks
Sweetie lovie girl
scrunchy squirrel
little smushy marshmallow


I missed my little Ella so much, but she had the best weekend ever with her Daddy. I got to soak up some one-on-one Lily time, which is so rare to come by. I definitely recommend doing this with your littles ones. Trips away with one child, so you and your spouse can enjoy the kids individually. As nice as it was to have Lily to myself, it just feels so right to have my whole cozy crew back together.

Mommy Mantra - Make your kids an incredible Part of your life, not your WHOLE life.

Tonight we had a version of Jamie Oliver's "Dark Sticky Stew" with red bliss mashed potatoes. This is a Murphy family staple, so simple and so delish. We ran out of salad fixings, so I improvised tonight. I was inspired by my sister-in-law's strawberry salad. I took mixed mesclun greens, thinly cut strawberries, coconut, chopped almonds and aged balsamic dressing; the girls ate it up. I think it will definitely become a staple on the Murphy family menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment