Friday, March 11, 2011

You know its going to be a great day when...

My little Lily flower woke up happy and sweet, no surprise here - she often wakes up cooing and giggling. Ella woke up asking when she was going to see her friends. She knew it was Friday, play date day, the best day of the week. I'll get to that in a minute though.

Ella likes to help me change Lily's diaper. She climbs up on the chair next to my changing table and talks baby talk to Lily while Im changing her. As often happens, Lily twists and contorts her body to try to make eye contact with Ella. She wants so badly to be with her all the time. I was getting frustrated because it was getting very hard to change Lily with all this squirming. I snapped at Ella - "Ella please give Lily a little space." Ella looked up at me with the saddest pound puppy eyes and said "But Mommy I just love her." Insert me melting to floor in a puddle of sweet gooey happiness. This is why you have kids, moments like this. Honest pure moments that you want to lock away in a vault and let out anytime you lose sight of that happiness. I knew it was going to be a great day.

Friday is always play date day. I have this group of amazing women/moms and we get together every single Friday. We have done this since the kids were 4 and 5 months old, they are now all over 3 years old. We met at Gymboree Music and Play class. It started small, going over to the coffee shop after class and feeding the babies their bottles or nursing. It was a group of 10 women with 10 babies, we are now a group of 13 women with over 25 kids and counting. Every week we rotate houses or play date venues. These women have become like family - watching their children grow has been amazing. Ella has been given the strongest social base possible because of this group. She LOVES her friends.

If I can suggest one thing to new Moms - when your first child is born really put yourself out there and try to meet other Moms who have children your baby's age. It will make your long days seem much shorter and give you a built in sounding board who can relate entirely.

The play date started at 11am. The girls played, ate, danced, sang and enjoyed being with their friends. I enjoyed the company of my friends, ones who can relate first hand to every single thing I go through every day. We returned home at 3pm, I tucked them in for a cozy nap and they slept peacefully for over two hours. Play date day always equals a long nap, which gives me the much needed time I need to clean, relax and recharge.

Mommy Mantra - "Make your kids an incredible Part of your life, not your WHOLE life."
-Don cooked a yummy meal tonight. Steak with onions, homemade cheddar mashed potatoes, parisian carrots and romaine salad. This is a direct quote from Don to Ella - "Ella no more lettuce until you have some steak." Lily seemed to be a fan of the lettuce too.
Lily Bunny

Right now, Im enjoying a good Malbec with some dark chocolate and watching Old School with my cozy hubby- great end to a great day.
Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment